In 1996, CEO and former videogame producer Simon Birrell founded Silicon Artists, a new venture focused on the cutting edge of technology and entertainment. Early corporate investors included Compaq (now part of HP) and Tandem Computers.
In 1998, after a management buy-out, Silicon Artists expanded into the burgeoning areas of broadband content, online games and multimedia user interfaces, working for clients in Spain, the United States and the United Kingdom.
In the past eleven years Silicon Artists has produced
- Four animation series of approximately 280 minutes of animated content for clients that include Sony Playstation, Planet Hollywood, Telefónica, Hewlett Packard and Antena 3 TV.
- Over 110 games for the Internet for clients that include Antena 3 TV, Megatrix, Vodafone, ONO, Telefonica, Muy Interesante, Museo Thyssen, Caja Madrid Obra Social and Telemadrid.
- Four massively multi-user virtual communities for clients that include Telefonica Imagenio, ONO and Compaq.
- Seven kiosk applications for clients that include Compaq, Walt Disney Imagineering and Ifema.
- Six interactive TV applications for clients that include Quiero TV, ONO, Metabyte and Telefonica Imagenio.
- Two 30 minute narrative features, based on internally developed scripts.
- Approximately 200 high-end technological and entertainment projects, some of them distributed to over a 250.000 end-users, such as Navegador EducaRed, Navegador CampusRed, Virtual Art Fair ARCO.
Silicon Artists, Inc. Sucursal en España: CIF W4002733F. Plaza Maria Soledad Torres Acosta 1-4º, 28004 Madrid